Activity 7.6 – Role playing: Cooperation and Lack of Cooperation
Have the participants form small groups and role play the following scenarios:
- A blind person crossing the road
- Cooking a meal for a large group
- Clearing out a neighbor’s house that was flooded
- Add to this list by thinking of your own scenarios
In their small groups, participants should identify all the roles involved in the scenario and assign each member a role.
After practicing a few scenarios in each group, have each group perform one of the plays in front of the group. After each act, ask:
- 1. Why is cooperation and helping others important in this scenario?
- 2. What would happen if we didn’t cooperate?
- 3. How do you imagine you would feel if you were one of the people in this scenario?
- 4. What other benefits does cooperating bring about?